Patrick Butler teaches mainly advanced level students – Upper-Intermediate (level 4), First Certificate (FCE) Intensive (level 5), Cambridge Advanced (CAE) (Level 6) and prepares them to undertake the Cambridge FCE or CAE tests.
In these three levels of knowledge you will be able to:
- Understand and use everyday phrases and concepts to an advanced level.
- Describe in detail and respond to topics covering many different areas.
- Communicate with English-speaking people in everyday situations at an advanced level.
- Understand almost all written information in newspapers, magazines, books and brochures.
- Understand reports, statements and other spoken word in different situations.
Patrick comes from the south-east of Ireland. For 14 years he lived in London as well as a year in the south of France. He has been in Slovakia for more than 14 years, including 13 years of teaching.
He has worked for several language academies such as Bilingual High School in Sučany and Gymnázium Viliama Paulinyho-Tótha in Martin. For more than 10 years he has taught advanced level in English, which includes the acquisition of Cambridge FCE, CAE and CPE.
Patrick is a lecturer of General English language of different levels, but also specialises in teaching technical English, for example: Quality Control; Customer Services.
Patrick acquired Specialisation Quality Control ISO 9001 and 9002 standards during his time in the UK, where he worked for several years and was responsible for the department which governs these standards.